Bill and I had something interesting happen last week. We "auditioned" for HGTV! I was informed by a friend that HGTV was looking for people for their show Real Estate Intervention. I sent an email to the producer along with our condo listing and interesting info about me and Bill. Four days later, I got a call! Amy, the producer, came to the condo last week with her video camera. She had us go around the condo, talking about what we want help with, why we think it hasn't sold, what we have done as far as renovations, reasons why we did what we did, etc. She also had us talk about ourselves. We talked about how we met, why we want to move and where we possibly want to move to. The next step is for Sabrina Soto, the host of the show, to watch the video and see if there is enough for her to tackle in our condo. We would not be shocked if we didn't make it on the show. We may not because of how much we have already done. IE, we have decluttered already. Personally, speaking as someone who watched A LOT of HGTV in the past two months while cooped up with Mom, I am sick of the decluttering aspect of every show. Every show spends more than half the time decluttering junky houses. I'd rather see something else. Something like US, right?!
The funny thing is, it is a compliment if we don't make it on the show. If we don't, it means we are "good enough" and there isn't enough for HGTV to do to the condo. No matter what, we had a great time with the audition and we really enjoyed meeting the producer.
We will keep everyone posted!
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that they choose y'all!!!!
ReplyDelete