Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Updates

Taking care of Baby G and blogging isn't easy. When I have free time I want to do laundry, shower, clean, rest, etc. I hardly ever turn my laptop on anymore and have yet to upload and print any photos from my trusty Snapfish account. Thank God for my Blackberry or I'd never be in touch with the outside world! I also haven't been able to figure out how to upload videos to the blog. I can upload them very easily to Facebook, so check out the videos on my FB page.

I did my research last week after a few bad nights of her being awake all night. As it turns out, it is not uncommon for babies to have their days and nights mixed up. I implemented a few tricks from some books and she had three amazing nights where she only woke up once! Mom and Dad got some good sleep. She hasn't had such great nights after those three, but nothing like when she had her days and nights mixed up. I try to keep her on a schedule during the day, but life does get in the way sometimes. And heck, she is just over two weeks old, she's allowed to not be so perfect at night.

She had her second doctor appt last week and it went well. She was back up to her birth weight and is now supposed to put on an oz a day. Mommy is feeling the pressure to produce! Literally! The doctor was very impressed by her head strength. GA has lifted her head from day one and hasn't stopped since. She's also already trying to roll over. She's impressive. I have even begun to notice that when I go to get her out of her crib she isn't in the same place that she was when I placed her in there at the beginning of her nap.

Mommy is starting to get a little stir crazy staying in the house all day. I think later this week we'll take a walk. We have been lucky enough to have Nana Matt come by one day per week since we have been home. It's super fun to have her here during the day! She makes sure that Mommy eats well, helps take care of GA and just spends quality time with us. We love our Nana Matt visits! Auntie Judy is going to come by for a day soon. We can't wait! We are also starting to line up other visitors. I can't wait to show off my baby in person!!!

Mommy is so thankful for the help and support she has received from her friends and family. They have offered great tips! Auntie Meredith is always available on BBM, Aunt Terry is easily a text away and Mommy has many other friends and family to call on with any questions. Georgia is a lucky girl to have so many people that love her.

Speaking of things to be thankful for, what the heck did mothers do before things like www.diapers.com, www.soap.com and www.safeway.com?! What a dream these websites are!! Sure makes like easy for mothers still recovering from giving birth and those who are nervous to leave their babies.

I'll try to be better about blogging! I have spent all my time getting her into a routine, but I guess I need to get myself into one!

No comments:

Post a Comment